Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project (RWSS)
The RWSS project aims to improve the health situation of the people by providing quality drinking water. Secondly, it aims to reduce the work load of the community and save time from fetching water. This saved time can be used for income generating activities. There are many water-related issues in rural Nepal: lack of near by drinking water sources, use of poor quality drinking water, and excessive time (mainly women's time) to fetch drinking water. As a result of these, the health situation of the community is deteriorating as well as affecting on the economic activity of the local people.
- To improve the health & hygiene of rural people.
- To increase real income and empower them through use of saved time.
- To build capacity of NGOs and CBOs.
Recent Project Areas
- Bhaktapur District: Tathali and Dadhikot VDCs
- Kabhre District: Janagal and Baluwapati
RWSS recent activities
- In coordination with Rural Water Supply and Sanitation fund development Board; in fifth batch, Sahunepakha Chisapani drinking water and sanitation project concluded. From that 35 household benefited. Monitoring and evaluation of implementation phase is over.
- In coordination with Rural Water Supply and Sanitation fund development Board, in Ugratara Janagal VDC, Baluapati Deupur VDC and Tamanggaun of Dadhikot VDC Bhaktapur, the projects are in pipeline
Accomplished activities on ongoing programs
- Household survey
- Beneficiaries meeting- User groups, User Committee, Rural Health promotion, Recruitment of maintenance worker.
- Class related with house and environmental sanitation classes.
- Community master plan preparation
- User group orientation- 4 days
- Registration of User groups
- Collection of funds for maintenance